Friday, January 16, 2009

In a million directions at once

Occasionally, I am not able to formulate the wordy and eloquent entries I like to write . . . today is one of those days . . and so, a list:

Even though the rules for this blog are to write about how I feel . . .
  • Tonight is one of those nights that I could dance for hours. I cleaned up my bedroom a little bit. I am considering the incredible amount of reading/writing/studying I could/should do to prepare for next week. There is a baby shower for my cousin tomorrow. My mom wants me to test-ride a horse. All the effort of getting dressed, driving over there, and yadda yadda isn't really a big deal, but the cold is daunting. And at last, my inability to leave before anything is over. I want to stay in and read, and I want to go out and dance for the next 5 or 6 hours. I want to sleep tonight, not come home at 4:30 or 5:00 am tomorrow.
  • I deserve some time to meditate, and a good night's rest. Why do I only allow myself this on the weekends when I am not obligated to be out of bed and at work before 9:00 AM
  • I am excited to move to Summit Park with Jared and Amie. That will be happening sometime between Feb 1 - 14 depending on how things shake out with my current roommate. I like my current roommate and so it is bittersweet to leave this apartment. I am more excited to be in a new environment with people who I love who love me. Plus the potential opportunity to bring Sassy along.
  • My horse is limping. Her shoulder is not doing well. My mom is not sure I will be able to use her for riding club next summer. She is moving ok until it's time to run . . . I'm hoping bute (like ibuprofen for horses), or cortisone shots will keep her sound. But my mom decided she would tell me about this injury and then show me the advertisement for a black and white paint, 9 year old gelding. My feelings got hurt. I had been dreading the words "might not be able to use her next summer" for the last 3 years. Sometimes she is not very sensitive to my tender little heart.
  • I am worried about our planet. I'm worried that major corporations are going to destroy the Rain Forest in less than 20 years, that our oceans are poisoned and over-fished, that human beings are so greedy, and hungry for power and control that we are going to destroy ourselves before we realize how urgent these problems really are . . . I am sad about plastic in the ocean, pollution in the air and in the ground, I am sad about the mass-production of animals for meat, that they pasteurize almonds and cheese effectively removing everything good about them, cheese is basically colored, flavored, antibiotics, because the cows udders are so chapped, cracked, bleeding, and infected that they have to get pus and blood out of the milk . . . I wonder if mothers who have breast fed compare the two . . . dairy cows don't even have the lubrication of saliva . . .
  • I am quite seriously considering taking my diet to the next level . . . I don't want to eat eggs and cheese. I don't want to drink milk. Fortunately this doesn't have to happen all at once, and there are acceptable substitutes for the things I'm afraid to give up (like mayonnaise).
  • I am taking Women's Studies, Intermediate Writing, Computer Essentials, Film and Culture, and the Film teacher just added me to his production class . . . basically that means I'll show up at rehearsal sometimes and help with props for a few extra credits this semester. Fun, Busy, And new directions for me.
  • Jelly crew is talking about creating an art installation called "Soundhenge" wherein we create a replica of Stonehenge and put speakers in various positions around it to create a surround sound experience . . . and then we will rock-out dressed like druids in the desert. I offered to be the 'people-manager' to help coordinate work parties, the fund raiser we will have to throw, etc.
  • Wondering how many polystyrene take-out containers could have been saved in Salt Lake City alone tonight . . . if everyone who went out to eat in a restaurant took their own Tupperware for their left overs.
  • A friend, Jen, and I are considering starting a student organization at Salt Lake Community College with concern to protecting our environment. There isn't a single one at the moment. I am turning into quite a little activist, and it's good.
  • I am still conceptualizing my billboards for the burn this year, and will post my plans and drawings once this gets more concrete . . . I like to stew, process, and talk about my ideas before I start to actually plan the details. These plans include fliers to tape up inside the port-a-potties.
  • Thinking about what my co-worker said today about artificial sweeteners, colors, and flavors causing mis-fire in the synapse of the brain. I think ADD could very well be a result of these things and I intend to eliminate as many of them as possible from my diet. Another co-worker can accurately identify the green and red M&M's, blind-folded.
Ok, so the rambly is done now, but . . . . For Heaven's Sake . . . please help me save our planet!!!

No comments: