Thursday, February 05, 2009

Ideas for my Burning Man billboards . . .

A few days ago, I had a serious conversation with a man who is fast becoming a friend of mine, he looked me in the eye, "It's busy in there isn't it?" My answer was "always". Later he told me I think too much or too hard . . . probably he said both.

Last May when I fell in with my jelly crew I learned something that is fundamental to me . . . when I'm busy and I feel like I've been productive, I don't have as much time to think too hard. This is good because it means less blue, bad because it means I'm not thinking about why so blue. --- I want to spend more time thinking about that and what it really means . . . not just what it implies about avoidance tactics :)

Also to think about are my billboards some of my ideas:

  • Mommy, where do batteries go when they die? - This one I don't like as much, but I can't get it out of my head. It's a good example of the kind of thinking I want this to inspire, but it's too campy for this particular plan.
  • A picture of a big fish eating one that's just smaller, eating one just smaller, eating one just smaller, eating an open Nalgene, eating a fish just smaller, eating a plastic object a little smaller than that . . . with little pink barbie shoes representing plankton.
  • Recycle symbol with four arrows instead of the normal three . . . RETHINK, Reduce, Reuse, Recycle . . . solid coloured back-ground with arrows that are either all one bright color (one that would be unusual for the recycle symbol like orange or hot pink), three that are a standard like blue or green with one orange or pink or what I think would be best would be four arrows made out of coloured debris . . . green soda bottles for one arrow, red plastic garbage, blue plastic garbage, etc. tacked onto the billboard all three dimensional style.

No comments: